• 457 Vote(s) - 2.55 Average
All Filefactory related threads merged
hiya all, thanx for your responses, i managed to solve my dilemma by using my friends address and her bank card, it would seem that altho filefactory is uk based(going from the address on the website) the simple form wasnt able to handle my 2 line address layout
i.e
56 blackacre
oakwood
wilmslow
chesire
m44 5435
for some reason the blackacre and oakwood part was the issue
(not my real addy lol)
ive never come across it ever in all my time of subscribing to many of the filehosts out there! either way for me its solved(abiet it on my friends details) but i managed to get my account fine and its running perfectly, thanks again and good luck to all who are still searching for answers Smile
Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing extremely slow downloads on Premium account?

Firstly let clarify that my Internet connection is capable of 4MB/s download speeds. I have tried JD, JD2 and DownloadThemAll and the behaviour with FF is the same.

What I am seeing is FF is throttling each session to around 20-50KB/s. So a single file with 5 chunks could Download at up to 250 KB/s. However in reality, it slows down to about half that. The real problem is the end of the transfer slows down to a crawl. If you monitor the progress you see 1 or 2 chunks stall completely. When the bulk of the chunks complete, the 2 remaining chunks will slow down to around 5 KB/s (or less even) and it will take hours to download the last 10mb or so. If you restart the transfer, sometimes the remaining chunks will speed up to around 20KB/s each if you are lucky!

I would be interested in hearing if anyone else is experiencing similar issues.
I suggest you use IDM (internet download manager) available on warez-bb, in conjunction with real-debrid.com

I generally download 4 files at any one time, with speeds around 500-900 kb/sec.
Real-debrid at times block out FF, but there are many other hosts available. And for the small charge, very much worth your consideration.
Hi Thanks for the advise - unfortunately I am a MAC/Linux user Smile

IDM seems to be a great package - may be I will break down throw an XP vm on my mac.

I have been doing some more testing and it is starting to look like FF are targeting me specifically. I created a registered user ie non-premium and downloading the same file path, I get a consistent 70 KByte/s throughput on a single session. I am not getting close to 70 KBytes/s on any session with my Premium account since this problem started Sad
After the last problem I had with JD I've learnt not to mindlessly keep updating it (turning off all the auto-updating).

If it works I leave it alone. I only update now if something I need stops working.
I manage to get full speed for FF on my connection using the Premiumize service.

This service seems to work well with very few problems.
Quote:I manage to get full speed for FF on my connection using the Premiumize service.

This service seems to work well with very few problems.
I think FF is throttling my download on purpose. I can download quicker from a plain registered user than I can from my Premium membership.

If you don't mind sharing, what is 'full speed' for you?

tks
It could also be your service provider;remember a while back,they were suppose to moniter all accounts(service providers).I have a FF premium account,and get 2.0mb & slightly higher speeds;except around supper time.
Quote:It could also be your service provider;remember a while back,they were suppose to moniter all accounts(service providers).I have a FF premium account,and get 2.0mb & slightly higher speeds;except around supper time.

I dont' think it is my ISP - I have started use real-debrid.com and I am getting very high speed downloads through them from Filefactory.

Everything points to FF at this time.
Your ISp is problem, at least they have some problem with FF, did you send ticket to FF, or ask your ISp is there some problem with FF.Real debrid first download file to their server, then you download from their server so that is why you have great speed.
Away