• 345 Vote(s) - 2.63 Average
About Filefactory storage
A lot of this is false advertising in my own opinion here. When someone says "Unlimited" and you pay for that service a premium price that is exactly what you should get. But then after they take your money you find out that it is truly NOT unlimited in storage as they claim.

Most hosts out there only allow you up to 5 TB of storage with their "fair use policy" and most do NOT spell that out in their policy either. Again they know full well that if there is a limit spelled out that they would lose customers, so instead they lie about it with huge print ...UNLIMITED STORAGE which always catches a uploaders eye immediately.

Today's more wise and battle hardened uploader, like Jedan, myself and others know full well that there is NO such thing as unlimited. They will find ways through either cutting the storage size to a certain limit, or using the 90 day cold storage rule. If they aren't making money off folks downloading your files, or if the folks saying hey this isn't so bad I think I'll buy an account from them (due to your uploaded files), then they don't want your files to remain on their servers. Its all about the money...they are in it to make the money no lose it.

Just remember it takes a good while in many cases to upload. Downloading is the easy part folks. So if your files are not downloaded all the time, then you will constantly be uploading these files over and over and over again. Until you just give up because it takes so darn long to upload them.

Again this is just my opinion earned from years of being messed about by hosts that make false claims in their attempts to lure in new customers!
Sheriff Jinxy of Movie Collections  Big GrinBig Grin

Messages In This Thread
About Filefactory storage - by marklexy - 01-20-2015, 05:19 AM
RE: About Filefactory storage - by cmk93 - 01-20-2015, 06:48 AM
RE: About Filefactory storage - by JEDAN - 01-20-2015, 06:51 AM
RE: About Filefactory storage - by PirateJohn06 - 01-20-2015, 01:08 PM
RE: About Filefactory storage - by JEDAN - 01-24-2015, 07:06 PM
RE: About Filefactory storage - by liznat - 09-30-2017, 10:37 PM
RE: About Filefactory storage - by Jinxy - 10-01-2017, 12:05 AM