• 345 Vote(s) - 2.63 Average
About Filefactory storage
FileFactory 
Hi 1-Link Staff,

I found something interesting that filefactory now says premium members file storage is unlimited, but files not downloaded after 90 days are deleted. This is the message i got...

Thanks for your email regarding storage space.

We recently removed all storage restrictions for free members. That means you can upload as many files as you wish. Your files remain on our servers for 90 days until they are removed. However if your file is downloaded in full, it will remain on our servers for another 90 days. Therefore if your files are continually downloaded, they will remain active. If your files are important to you and you want to prevent them from being automatically removed then you should upgrade to a Premium account.

Andy Wong
Senior Customer Support Agent

FileFactory Cloud Storage Limited
1301 Bank of America Tower
Suite 1536, 12 Harcourt Road
Central Hong Kong
Quote:I found something interesting that filefactory now says premium members file storage is unlimited, but files not downloaded after 90 days are deleted.
That's only if you have more than 5TB stored.
be careful, dont believe all what they wrote !!!

FF has a "fair use policy" and "unlimited" storage for premium acc's was never unlimited...

here is a email from them that I got this month:

Quote:Hello,

The amount of storage data your FileFactory account is using is excessive. Our fair usage policy explains what we can do to help reduce your overall storage to a more reasonable level: http://www.filefactory.com/legal/fairusepolicy.php

The amount of your storage used is currently 9TB

Premium users are usually allocated a storage amount of 1TB. As you can appreciate, the cost of storing a large amount of data can be quite expensive.

Please let us know whether we are able to apply the removal rules to your account. Otherwise, you can continue to store files but we will need to let you know what the once-off or recurring charge would be.

Unfortunately if we don't hear back from you we might have to reduce your space automatically.

I hope that my message has informed you sufficiently for the time being about this matter. If you have further questions or concerns feel free to respond by replying to this email. Many thanks!

Kind regards,

and about non working servers and suddenly dissapiring files we can write an encyklopedie.
So its one will U trust them or not,my expirience says they are untrustable.

regards

sorry for my bad english
Hey Jedan,

Would it not be easier to say spread out your storagewith other premium users to help you burden the blow. I'm a premium user with filefactory and I have nothing in my storage. if you would like to use some of it let me know... I'd love to help.

John
(01-20-2015, 01:08 PM)PirateJohn06 Wrote: Hey Jedan,

Would it not be easier to say spread out your storagewith other premium users to help you burden the blow. I'm a premium user with filefactory and I have nothing in my storage. if you would like to use some of it let me know... I'd love to help.

John

Thanks for the offer I have 4 acc's and managing isnt easy,will not put Your acc in dissabling-danger (IP conflict,DMCA reports,to much storage used...).

Thanks again

bpr
Ok that not bad but as I understood it you could store as many files as you want but if your files aren't active in 90 days it could be deleted.
A lot of this is false advertising in my own opinion here. When someone says "Unlimited" and you pay for that service a premium price that is exactly what you should get. But then after they take your money you find out that it is truly NOT unlimited in storage as they claim.

Most hosts out there only allow you up to 5 TB of storage with their "fair use policy" and most do NOT spell that out in their policy either. Again they know full well that if there is a limit spelled out that they would lose customers, so instead they lie about it with huge print ...UNLIMITED STORAGE which always catches a uploaders eye immediately.

Today's more wise and battle hardened uploader, like Jedan, myself and others know full well that there is NO such thing as unlimited. They will find ways through either cutting the storage size to a certain limit, or using the 90 day cold storage rule. If they aren't making money off folks downloading your files, or if the folks saying hey this isn't so bad I think I'll buy an account from them (due to your uploaded files), then they don't want your files to remain on their servers. Its all about the money...they are in it to make the money no lose it.

Just remember it takes a good while in many cases to upload. Downloading is the easy part folks. So if your files are not downloaded all the time, then you will constantly be uploading these files over and over and over again. Until you just give up because it takes so darn long to upload them.

Again this is just my opinion earned from years of being messed about by hosts that make false claims in their attempts to lure in new customers!
Sheriff Jinxy of Movie Collections  Big GrinBig Grin