• 324 Vote(s) - 2.54 Average
Better quality television needed
Thanks jimmo for raising this issue.

I suspect that (apart from communist countries that ban 'western tv), this long-established trend is worldwide. Not sure if television reflects society, or the other way around. In reality, they're probably hand-in-hand.
It is very much a moral issue, with many no doubt considering this isn't a problem. 'Go with the flow' and 'free expression' coming to the fore.
My recollection of previous tv series mentioned by jimmo is the same. Reflects similar ages perhaps? I clearly recall being scared witless every week, held in suspenders until the next episode of 'Lost in Space' was aired. Or wondering why I couldn't achieve the same results as Tabitha every time I twitched my nose.
Those were the days...............

For those who enjoy tv series that reflects todays society, go for it! Just be conscious of the effects they can have on behaviour & atitudes.

However, thanks to 1-link these memories can be recalled for this generation, and those to come, as jimmo rightly states. No, we can't change the world, but we can influence 'our world.'
Bring back the good 'ol days!
[Image: UUjhCH5.gif?2]

Messages In This Thread
Better quality television needed - by jimmo - 03-15-2014, 12:26 PM
RE: Better quality television needed - by click - 05-05-2014, 03:32 PM
RE: Better quality television needed - by BigShot - 05-05-2014, 10:09 PM
RE: Better quality television needed - by flink - 09-25-2016, 01:02 AM
RE: Better quality television needed - by jimmo - 09-25-2016, 02:36 PM