1-link.one
HD Tv Shows Thread - Printable Version

+- 1-link.one (https://1-link.one)
+-- Forum: INFO (https://1-link.one/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: 1-link Members Info (https://1-link.one/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: HD Tv Shows Thread (/showthread.php?tid=40735)

Pages: 1 2

HD Tv Shows Thread - mav123 - 07-08-2017

Hi guys, was wondering what everyone thinks of a seperate HD thread for Tv shows or if this is not possible at all & if so please ignore me on this request! Smile

I was more thinking about older Tv shows from 70s & 80s if they were available! I think this would be a awesome section to have, as so many of these great shows have been re released in HD now...

I hope a thread like this may also mean due to higher quality would bring in more donations, as i would contribute more when i can as i know this would be a big job with bigger file sizes to upload...

Whats everyone's opinion on this idea...

Cheers guys

RE: HD Tv Shows Thread - BigShot - 07-09-2017

Movies are always posted as BluRay where available, with file sizes 'realistic.' As older posts are revived, often a better format is available, which are therefore used.

My experience is that older TV series don't come out in the higher sort of definition you're suggesting.
Many newer shows however in are in HDTV format, which I'm sure JEDAN sources where available. As premium host accounts are purchased for storage, files in 1080p format (for example) wouldn't be practical, for several reasons.

Trusting this answer helps.

RE: HD Tv Shows Thread - Jinxy - 07-09-2017

tokoian is right in many respects with what is currently available with new tv shows. I'd say at least 99% is all HDTV quality.

However, with shows from the 80's and going back, unless the studios kept good master tapes of these shows than it would not be possible to bring them up to date properly into HDTV mode. A good example is like on Metv, where you can see shows like Perry Mason, Gomer Pyle, Quantum Leap, Miami Vice, etc.. but even though the network is actually in HD, the shows are not. You see all the glitches and so forth of those shows. I'm assuming at this point that it might be a cost preventative measure that keeps these older shows from being converted to a better quality. I know from reading articles on the preservation of older movies and so forth, that the cost is astronomical. Now if that is high for a single movie, can you imagine the cost it would be for a series with over 5 seasons? It is no wonder you see some series that have been done asking for well over $200 for the entire series. They have to recoup the cost someway.

Maybe one day we'll get lucky and technology will advance to the point where it is easy and cheap for studios to do this, but at the moment it is just not feasible for them.

If any become available I'm sure they will be shared here by someone, via Jedan.

That was a good question and idea though.. Thanks for that!! Smile Smile

RE: HD Tv Shows Thread - mav123 - 07-09-2017

Hi guys, thanks for the replay. I understand what you mean about the hd not being
As good as modern TV shows as some are just upscaled and some may not even able to fully convert into the max hd quality from the original film.

However I have scene some great looking older TV shows for example...

Airwolf
Star Trek next generation
X files
Chips
Wonder Woman
Star Trek (60s!)
Battlestar Galactica (70s)
Magnum pi
(I totally agree that some look better than others, but they all look better than sd on the whole)

Hopefully this idea can be kept open for the future & if possible when a TV show gets re upped to add a note if it's re upped in higher quality than previous post. This would be great to avoid re downloading if not needed...

Thanx again to everyone for the all the hard work here.

Cheers

Mav Smile

RE: HD Tv Shows Thread - mav123 - 01-29-2021

Hi Guys, just wondered if this idea would be better now with a HD Classics TV Shows Thread? Manily was thinking now of Blu Ray Versions not upscaled from TV Source if that helps... Smile
  If not can we request be put in for a certain TV Show to be added if avaliabe in HD for example Battlestar Galactica 1978 in 1080p?
i understand if not possible but would really like a few of these in HD as they have been released now again some in great quality.

Thanx again for all the great work! Smile

RE: HD Tv Shows Thread - JEDAN - 01-29-2021

(01-29-2021, 01:14 AM)mav123 Wrote: Hi Guys, just wondered if this idea would be better now with a HD Classics TV Shows Thread? Manily was thinking now of Blu Ray Versions not upscaled from TV Source if that helps... Smile
  If not can we request be put in for a certain TV Show to be added if avaliabe in HD for example Battlestar Galactica 1978 in 1080p?
i understand if not possible but would really like a few of these in HD as they have been released now again some in great quality.

Thanx again for all the great work! Smile

New threads starting in HD for TV series its sill impossible for me.It takes to much space on my already "heavy" accounts and to be honest I dont have replaced them in my personal collection for the same reason.Im not afraid from work the financial its whats dosent let me on such actions.We struggling here every month to keep things working and i must beg for contributions regular and the most time we stay under the donation goal.
Im sure that many 1link users are happy with the amount of existing tv series that we have here,so far I know its much bigger then on other larger boards.And he fact that we using just one filehost makes the usage easier for all and we giving our best to keep this board clean and simple.Our response on requests and reports depends from Your board status (user group) and its explained here: http://1-link.org/showthread.php?tid=35666

Only what I can offer are the usage of our Transload section reserved for donating members only where U can request and I will add,if I can, temporary links without reuploading possibility and with expiration day so U can download Your desired links.I see U has posted an HD request there so we can test it,if U agree...
Dear donating members please dont "rape" this service and show patience then series in HD files can be huge !

I hope U understand our situation and sorry for my bad English.

regards

RE: HD Tv Shows Thread - mav123 - 01-29-2021

Thanx Jedan for your replay, i totally understand why with the size of these files it would be a lot harder to maintain and keep uploading, i agree with your idea of say a set expire date to allow us to download the files and i think that would be a fair balance for everyone!
I did make a request already if that can be uploaded, i picked it as its a smaller series only 2 i believe so would be a good test! Smile

Thanx again Jedan Smile

RE: HD Tv Shows Thread - JEDAN - 01-30-2021

(01-29-2021, 03:07 PM)mav123 Wrote: Thanx Jedan for your replay, i totally understand why with the size of these files it would be a lot harder to maintain and keep uploading, i agree with your idea of say a set expire date to allow us to download the files and i think that would be a fair balance for everyone!
I did make a request already if that can be uploaded, i picked it as its a smaller series only 2 i believe so would be a good test! Smile

Thanx again Jedan Smile

all episodes and the movie added http://1-link.org/showthread.php?tid=46880
It was a bit hard and alot of space was required for 39 files +-50GB.And I must say that FF dosent play nice with larger files , 20% ends as failed during the upload process so I was forced a few to upload multiple times.Im not happy with this but Im always here to help so much I can...

br

RE: HD Tv Shows Thread - mav123 - 01-30-2021

Hi Jedan, many thanx for this upload, i understand it gets harder to upload with the bigger files sizes so thank you.
i have an idea maybe due to the extra time and effort for the larger requests to have a limit for each person to request of say 3 a month maximum for the larger 1080p versions.
Even 3 a month might be too high but it might make people think of what they are really after to keep the requests down!
Thank you again Smile

RE: HD Tv Shows Thread - JEDAN - 01-30-2021

(01-30-2021, 04:09 PM)mav123 Wrote: Hi Jedan, many thanx for this upload, i understand it gets harder to upload with the bigger files sizes so thank you.
i have an idea maybe due to the extra time and effort for the larger requests to have a limit for each person to request of say 3 a month maximum for the larger 1080p versions.
Even 3 a month might be too high but it might make people think of what they are really after to keep the requests down!
Thank you again Smile

U are welcome and thanks for Your understanding.I will not limit, for now, anything and I have my doubts that alot such requests will be made.I dosent understand what do U mean with "3" , series,episodes,seasons... ?

br